Opened to the public in 1983, the Atlantic Salmon Museum is located in the heart of the Main Southwest Miramichi River at Doaktown, New Brunswick. Through the more than 3,000 items in our collection, we commemorate the cultural and economic significance of the Atlantic salmon, not only to the Miramichi River but to all parts of New Brunswick and the world beyond. Our artifacts include an extensive array of original paintings, sculptures, salmon flys, rods, reels, and a large library of books and journals.
A special component of the Museum’s collection is its Hall of Fame dedicated to those very special individuals (conservationists, anglers, guides, outfitters, fly tyers, writers and artists) in whose lives the Atlantic salmon has played a significant role. For information on our 2015 Induction Ceremony and Dinner, please click here.
We are especially proud of our popular summer camp for children ages 6-12. Offered every summer during the months of July and August, Come Play on Our River provides children with an opportunity to learn new skills, meet new friends and to have “the best time ever” during their summer vacation.
The Doak Historic Site
In conjunction with the Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture, the Atlantic Salmon Museum is also responsible for the care and management of the Doak Historic Site. This large property features a house, barn and milk house, all built by Squire Robert Doak who, with his large family, came to the area from Scotland in 1825. For more information, please click here.
ATLANTIC SALMON MUSEUM
Hours of Operation (June – September)
Monday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday: Noon – 5:00 pm
By Appointment (October – May)
Please call 506-365-7787 (leave a message) or contact us at
Adult – $5.00 Senior – $4.00
Student – $3.00 Family (2 Adults, 2 Children) – $12.00
Preschoolers – Free